Monday, September 2, 2013

Membership Enrichment Monday: Resume Tips

It's Monday which means today is the first "Membership Enrichment Monday"! Every Monday post will focus on enriching the lives of young women and will be something chapters or individuals can use!

Today I decided to focus on resume tips. Personally writing a resume stresses me out because I am always afraid I'll include the wrong items; not to mention the one page you are supposed to keep it at! During my senior year I went to a total of 6...yes 6, resume writing workshops on campus. The resume I used to land a job as a TLC was looked at by 11 different people, well let's just say it was edited by many professors and campus mentors that I had gained over the years. My favorite thing to ask someone when they gave my resume back, was "what is your number 1 tip for writing a resume?" Over the course of my senior year, I collected a total of 22 of those tips and decided I would put them into good use today on my blog. Please know that I am in no way shape or form even close to being a pro at writing resumes; these are just tips that were passed onto me by the faculty and staff of UNCC. Feel free to download and print the tips below and let me know if any of them help you land an amazing interview! Next Monday we'll focus on interview tips! So until then, get to writing that wonderful resume of yours! 

Click here to be taken to a full size version



3 comments:

  1. Great post, Alyssa. Way to represent Eta Tau and your Zeta sisters.

    Jennifer Lewis
    Charlotte ZTA Alumnae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer! Always feels great to have the encouragement and support of local alumnae!

      Delete
  2. These resume tips you have shared with us is a big plus especially to the fresh graduates. There are also some job finder tips that could help them more.

    ReplyDelete