Monday, October 21, 2013

Time as a Georgia Peach Part 1

September 28-October 3 I got to call the little town of Americus, Georgia my home away from home. On my flight in from Shreveport I got to see the most beautiful sunset...like I literally watched the sun set behind the clouds and it was picture perfect!
I landed in the city of Albany, Georgia at a brand new airport where there is only one gate and the entire airport was about the size of ZTA International Office. I immediately knew I was back in a good ole' southern town!

When I arrived at Georgia Southwestern State University I was greeted with the cutest little crown name tag for my door and a tour of "downtown"! I loved the southern hospitality and the fact that every tree on the street was decorated with a pink ribbon for Breast Cancer Education and Awareness month. 


My Eta Alpha sisters knew I had been missing some southern food so during my visit I got to eat at two of the best local restaurants I have ever been too. Glady's was my Sunday lunch where sweet potatoes, fried okra, and sweet tea were calling my name! My last night there I got to eat at the Station where I had my first experience of shrimp and grits!


I enjoyed being able to watch the chapter play in their intramural flag football games and volunteering at the local humane society by playing with the puppies. I called home to tell my mom I had adopted one but I don't think she believed me! Isn't he the cutest though??



My quick visit in Americus would not have been complete without my picture with the campus sign ;-) Then it was off to Augusta!






1 comment: